[Linux-aus] New Jobs Listing for Linux Australia

Terry Dawson tjd at animats.net
Mon Mar 22 16:58:33 EST 2010

Joshua Hesketh wrote:

> Linux Australia has for a long time offered a listing of available job
> opportunities in Open Source and Linux. Recently this system has
> received an overhaul and it is now a part of the main Linux Australia
> website:
>
> http://linux.org.au/jobs

Josh,
The refresh is long overdue and looks great!

Could I suggest one thing though? On the 'Create Job Post' form I
suggest you include some text that advises the submitter to make the
open-source nature of the job abundantly clear.

Maybe it isn't as much a problem any more, but I found that some
potential employers (but mostly recruiters) would just slap any old job
up there hoping for free distribution and that a good amount of time was
spent explaining rejections.

Warning them up front to make it clear how the job they're posting is a
Linux/FOSS job makes the process work more smoothly.

regards
Terry