[Linux-aus] Fwd: So late a CFP, [Was Re: [lca-announce] lca2011 - Call for Papers is Open!]

Marco Ostini marco at lca2011.linux.org.au
Tue Jul 27 14:29:34 EST 2010

Hi Cheng,

On 27 July 2010 12:00, Cheng Renquan <crquan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Although it really began since 13th July; but the CFP published till
> today is so late;
> the paper submission window almost passed a half;
> till the deadline August 7th less than 2 weeks;

I understand your concern that the 7th of August CFP close is soon,
and that the CFP was only mentioned in the lca-announce list today. We
would like to have done it sooner.

Previously the CFP was announced on the Linux Australia list on the
15th of July, and on the 'linux.conf.au' Identica, Twitter and
Facebook presences. The lca2011 CFP also got a mention in LWN,  Heise
Media, and other news sources, with more to come.

It's a shame you only discovered the CFP today. I'd encourage LA
people to tweet and blog about the lca2011 CFP now if they've not done
so already, so that news gets out to a wider audience.

If you're interested in submitting a proposal for a miniconf, poster
or paper, It's not too late. We'd be happy to receive it.

   http://lca2011.linux.org.au/

Cheers,
Marco
--