[Linux-aus] [LACTTE] Notes for Council Meeting 2010/02/17

Peter Lieverdink me at cafuego.net
Mon Feb 22 11:46:15 EST 2010

----- "Andrew Ruthven" <andrew at etc.gen.nz> wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-02-18 at 07:07 +1100, Donna Benjamin wrote:
> > On Wed, 2010-02-17 at 20:54 +1100, Peter Lieverdink wrote:
> > > There appears to be an unused legacy LCA account as well. Will close
> > > that.
> >
> > Would it not be useful to retain a second LCA account, so a new team can
> > get set up with an account whilst the previous team is still finalising
> > accounts?
>
> I've been suggesting this to everyone who will listen.

An account yes. Is there such a thing as "the" account? There wasn't one for 08. Don't know about 09. 07 had one... perhaps the legacy one is the 07 one.

> I cheated and created a .nz account for LCA2010, but having access to
> the .au account would have been very useful.  As it was, I hassled
> people with access until .au expenses were paid.  ;)

> > Promotional materials, Ghosts and venue deposits need to be paid very
> > early on, usually before the current LCA has finished up... So getting
> > access to an account could be part of 'winning' the bid.
>
> Agreed.  "You've won.  Meet us at this branch to setup signatories and
> receive tokens".

Wouldn't it be relatively easy for the winning team to set up an account at a *local* Westpac branch as soon as they know they've won and have the relevant council members added shortly after the election? When LCA is over and the finances are done, move what's left back to the LA account and close that LCA account.

It's not as if the LA ctte necessarily need full access to the LCA account. Just read-only is fine. All LA need to do is make sure the LCA account has enough money in it to pay bills.

I believe Westpac have consistently refused to remove old council members off the LA account, so in theory there are signatories now that should not have access. By starting a brand new shiny account for each LCA rather than re-use old ones, you prevent that from happening.

- P.