[Linux-aus] Fwd: [LACTTE] Notes for Council Meeting 2010/02/03

Paul Shirren shirro at shirro.com
Sun Feb 21 10:58:10 EST 2010

On 21/02/10 8:38 AM, Michael Still wrote:
> In the ACT, school computers are supplied by InTACT, which is a big
> central government body deeply in bed with Microsoft. I imagine that
> makes the support cost argument less interesting for ACT residents...

Many state/territory governments have similar environments and offer
very limited opportunities for an Open Source advocate. It isn't like
people haven't tried before.

There are much lower hanging fruits in disadvantaged remote communities,
open minded parents, children and independent schools.

Whew, glad I shelved that huge flame I wrote about SA DECS and sent this
instead :-)