[Linux-aus] Fwd: [LACTTE] Notes for Council Meeting 2010/02/03

Terry Dawson terry at linux.org.au
Sat Feb 20 12:36:06 EST 2010

Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:

>> OOSC are happy, they have two PCs that they didn't have before, no
>> ongoing costs other than power and they have us to support them if the
>> wheels fall off somehow.
>
> Say, if they didn't have you for support, do you think they might
> install Windoze on top of it? I wonder...

Thus far there has been no call for support at all, but I imagine if
something did go wrong it's more likely they'd just pack the thing up
and put it in a cupboard. They don't have any money for anything else
and they were quite insistent on wanting to use legal software.

> Maybe there indeed needs to be a Linux support company that we can all
> point to that is more like "supergeek".

It would be interesting to form a volunteer support organisation that
could present credibly and professionally to overcome support
uncertainties faced by small organisations such as schools etc.

Terry