[Linux-aus] Notes for Council Meeting 2010/02/17
me at cafuego.net
Wed Feb 17 20:54:10 EST 2010
* 20:00 Wednesday, 2010/02/17
* Where: Linux Australia teleconference, and #LACTTE IRC channel
In attendance: Peter Lieverdink, John Ferlito, James Turnbull, Elspeth Thorne, Alice Boxhall
Apologies: Michael Carden, Lindsay Holmwood
1. Accept minutes of Last Meeting
* Proposed: James Seconded: John Unanimously accepted.
2. Report on the status of bank accounts and account signatories.
* Some new and old CTTE members met at Martin Place branch 9:30 @ westpac. James & John added themselves and Peter without much need for documentation. LA now has $150k in a term deposit account which expires torwards the end of May and $55k in the cash management account. A new account was opened and a debit card is attached to that. John has the card. We will draft a policy on how much to keep in that account. There appears to be an unused legacy LCA account as well. Will close that. James, John & Peter are now signatories. Will probably get access in a week, if paperwork clears.
3. Any logistics required for the face-to-face hand-over meeting.
* Seems to be under control. Invite AJ & Stewart. Start at 9am, finish at 6pm at the latest.
4. Status update on the Membership Survey.
* Pretty much done. Some members offered feedback, waiting for that. Maybe some fine tuning left to do. Take draft to F2F and all have a look and a brainstorm on distribution and results. Some suggestions to tweak some value/rating questions.
5. Status update on Linux Australia store.
* No reply to email yet. Will call next week if required.
6. Status update on Brendan Scott's grant proposal.
* No updates to report at this time, possibly ask Kimberley Weatherall for comments.
7. Decision on Education Show in Sydney.
* No final decision at this time.
8. Discussion of OSSPAC proposal.
* James suggests we forward the proposal to Shaun and see if the LCA2011 team are interested.
9. Discussion of Expenses Policy
* John has pulled together some drafts http://wiki.linux.org.au/Ctte/ExpensesPolicy
* Discussion of any items that provide relevant information to the council and which might generate motions for next meeting or new action items.
o Will discuss management of action items at F2F.
ACTION: James to obtain bank tokens from Stewart, Steve and Leah an redestribute to self, Peter and Lindsay.
ACTION: John to compose a comment to the linux-aus list and ask for additional comments.
ACTION: John to add some guidelines on average hotel price to ExpensesPolicy and will add to draft.
ACTION: Peter to ping OSSPAC and indicate interest, but need to confirm with LCA team.
ACTION: John to cancel UTBox fax service.
* Close meeting at 20:30
o Proposed: James Seconded: Alice Unanimously accepted
More information about the linux-aus