[Linux-aus] Notes for Council Meeting 2010/02/03

Peter Lieverdink me at cafuego.net
Wed Feb 3 21:19:21 EST 2010

== Council meeting ==

 * 20:00 Wednesday, 2010/02/03
 * Where: Linux Australia teleconference, and #LACTTE IRC channel

In attendance: James Turnbull, John Ferlito, Michael Carde, Peter Lieverdink.

Apologies: Lindsay Holmwood, Alice Boxhall, Elspeth Thorne.

== Notes ==

Starred ( {*} ) items are expected to require discussion at the meeting. Un-starred items will be taken as noted or carried without further discussion, unless starred at the beginning of the meeting.

1. {*} Are there any items to star?

 * No

2. Accept minutes of ["Last Meeting"]

  * No attendees took part in the previous committee's final meeting. Not accepted.

3. {*} When should the Face-to-Face meeting be scheduled and where?  Current proposal is 13/03/2010 at Google in Sydney.

  * Moved by John and seconded by James. Unanimously accepted. Alice has  booked the Google Sydney office for Mar 13. Each attendee to book their own flights / accommodation and get reimbursed. Will invite Stewart and AJ.

4. {*} Should Linux Australia conduct a survey of the membership (and non-members) to ascertain their views on the organisation and its goals?

  * Moved by James, seconded by Michael. Unanimously accepted.

5. {*} Discuss Anthony Town's recommendations for changes to LA's finances:
  * Close the Cash Management account which is doing nothing, just costing us $4 a month in account keeping fees (see http://www.westpac.com.au/business-banking/bank-accounts/specialised-accounts/community-accounts/)
  * Open an additional Community Solutions account with only one-to-sign and setup two Business Debit Matercards linked to the account, one for either John or James to cover council/admin/mirror expenses, and one for someone from the LCA 2011 team (see http://www.westpac.com.au/business-banking/bank-accounts/business-debit-mastercard/business-debit-mastercard/)
  * Approve new signatories for Westpac accounts - James Turnbull, John Ferlito, Lindsay Holmwood, Peter Lieverdink and remove all signatories not on the current council.

  * Moved by Peter, seconded by John. Unanimously accepted.

== General Business ==

 * Discussion of any items that provide relevant information to the council and which might generate motions for next meeting or new action items.
  * Linux Australia Store.
  * Brendan Scotts grant proposal.  We have some reservations about value to the community and will seek further advice from Andrew Tridgell.
  * Investigate whether a system like xero.com might be helpful to sort out finances.
  * Education Show in Melbourne/Adelaide. Not seen as particularly effective. Investigate instead running workshops in conjunction with state based teacher organisations.
  * Michael moves we ditch the fax box. John seconds. Unanimous.

== Action Items ==

  * James to post Survey details to CTTE list for review.
  * Peter to ping ELX and ask for a store status update.
  * Michael to contact Andrew Tridgell.
  * Peter to set up an action item tracking system in TRAC.
  * Unassigned: cancel UTBox fax.

== Finish ==

 * 20:41

More information about the linux-aus mailing list