[Linux-aus] telstra ultimate usb modem not compatable with Linux????

stuartjed at theearthing.org stuartjed at theearthing.org
Mon Dec 6 14:43:07 EST 2010

The command lsdev isn't on my computer.

I did find out though that
the Telstra Ultimate modem is the same as the AirCard 312U from
www.sierrawireless.com [1] . At Sierra they are much more considerate of
Linux users and provide instructions on how to make it work at help
topic "Can I use a Sierra Wireless Modem on Linux Machines (direct IP
modems)". I haven't tried it yet, and there might be a complication with
Linux on an Asus Eeepc. They don't provide support for the instructions
but they are quite clear.

Telstra could have pointed that out but
instead the tech told me via the women on the switch that Linux is too
hard, get another operating system.

Jed Stuart

On Mon, 29 Nov 2010