[Linux-aus] Ballarat LCA 2012 Bid document

Donna Benjamin donna at cc.com.au
Sat Aug 28 15:08:28 EST 2010

On Tue, 2010-08-24 at 14:26 +1000, Josh Stewart wrote:
> Having expressed our interest to host LCA 2012 earlier in the year,
> the Ballarat team have submitted our official bid document over the
> weekend.
> Per the bid guidelines this year, the file has been made available
> at http://blug.asn.au/lca/LCA%20Bid%20Document%202012-Final.pdf for
> those wishing to take a look.

As President of Linux Users Victoria (LUV) I'm particularly excited to
see this bid hit the list.

Ballarat Linux Users Group started as a chapter of LUV and grew to
become a user group in it's own right. As Victoria's third largest city,
Ballarat is a great place for a conference like linux.conf.au - the
Ballarat uni campus is surrounded by bushland - and would give our
international guests a very different experience to the big city venues
we've had so far.

I wholeheartedly endorse the bid, and imagine many Victorian members
would relish the chance to participate; whether by helping as
volunteers, or sharing their knowledge as speakers, by providing
financial support as potential sponsors or just by turning up as
attendees.

cheers
Donna

--