[Linux-aus] Closed Captions From DVB-T

Silvia Pfeiffer silvia at silvia-pfeiffer.de
Sun Aug 22 09:08:42 EST 2010

Last poster on this thread claims he's had success with ccextractor
Using
/usr/local/bin/ccextractor --queue "%DIR%"/%FILE%
pulls out a .srt on PVR350.

But others claim captions are bitmaps in DVB-T, so you might be able to use
gocr on those.

Have you tried using VLC to see if it has the subtitles? If so, there should
be a way to extract them.

Silvia.