[Linux-aus] Should LA Donate or Sponsor the LGM?

Donna Benjamin donna at cc.com.au
Fri Apr 30 18:47:49 EST 2010

Howdy all,

The Libre Graphics Meeting is a community organised event for Free and
Open Source Graphics Software Developers and Users to get together to
hack, meet, plan, develop and improve the software we all know and love.

I donated to the pledge - but they're still a long way off target - so I
thought, hmmm - perhaps we could ask Linux Australia to consider
donating to the pledge, or sponsoring the event?

It's not in Australia - in fact it's on the other side of the world - so
the benefit to Australia itself is tenuous... but I'm pretty sure a lot
of us are happy users of GIMP, Inkscape and a host of other graphics
tools and libraries... and would gladly support the developers get
together to work together.

So - what do you think? LA members... should we ask the council to
support the LGM on our behalf?

http://www.libregraphicsmeeting.org/2010/

http://pledgie.com/campaigns/8926

--