[Linux-aus] Education Expo 2010 volunteers wanted for Linux stand

elliott-brennan mail at elliott-brennan.id.au
Thu Apr 22 21:53:17 EST 2010

Hi All,

I'm afraid my first e-mail to LA is a big ask but
it's all in a good cause :)

We are hoping to put together a Linux stand at the
forthcoming Education Expo in Parramatta on 26 and
27 June this year.

I have been asked to make a general request on the
LA list for people to volunteer as we already have
volunteers from within SLUG and an offer of
assistance from CALYX information essentials.

We are hoping to make the stand as inclusive as
possible and are presently negotiating with OLPC,
Sydney Linux Users Group (for which I'm a
committee member) and Linux Australia, to arrange
for financing, Linux 'object d'art', displays etc

So this is a call for volunteers (like us) to put this
together, staff the stall, interact with the
punters :)  and
set-up/dismantle the stall.

Come one, come all to the Ed Expo Linux stall!

One thing I want to emphasise is that I think it
would be really good to have a broad range of
members participate. Young/old, experienced or
not. You don't have to be an Uber-geek to help
out, or know everything there is to know about
Gnu/Linux or FOSS. Enthusiasm and personableness
go a long way at these things.

You can volunteer for as few or as many hours in
the day as you are willing to offer..

Hopefully we will have some OLPCs available to
show off and are also planning on getting some
other goodies.

So please, if you think you may be interested, PM
me and we can discuss it further.

Regards,
Patrick Elliott-Brennan

--