[Linux-aus] Council Meeting 2010/03/31

John Ferlito johnf at inodes.org
Thu Apr 1 10:26:34 EST 2010

On Thu, Apr 01, 2010 at 09:03:24AM +1100, Michael Still wrote:
> Peter Lieverdink wrote:
>
> (I can't find anything on linux-aus about this proposal, so perhaps I am
> under informed).

It was sent privately to the council and I'll be asking Russell to
send something publicly to linux-aus once I get back to him, to gauge
interest from the community.

> > * Russell Coker's Yubi key proposal
> >   The council in principal agree to Russells proposal to bulk-order Yubikeys for LUGs.
> >   John will contact Russell and ask him to send his proposal to the linux-aus list.
>
> Wouldn't it be better to have the new linux-aus store just stock yubi
> keys are a reasonable price and then people can order them online from
> the store? Perhaps with a slight fund raising profit for LA?

So the idea of an online store has come up. Mainly to get rid of
excess LCA schwag. The issue is that it's not as simple as just having
an online store. You need someone at the other end to store the stock
somewhere and then post it every time a request comes in.

At the moment we are discussing having an existing shop sell what we
have on commission or some similar arrangement.

Cheers,
John

--
John