[Linux-aus] LUG insurance

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Sun Nov 29 14:36:57 EST 2009

On 11/29/2009 01:36 PM, Russell Stuart wrote:
> A query for the LA Exec.
>
> The institution that kindly donates space for Humbug's fortnightly
> meetings (University Queensland) has told us they now require we have
> insurance.  Can LA cover this for this us?  We need to know the answer
> within the next couple of weeks.

Hello Russell

Can you perhaps expand on what type of insurance is required?

HUMBUG is already covered by LA's PLI (I just need to get Matt an
updated copy of the certificate for HUMBUG's records, which OSDC slowed
down a bit), as is CLUG and one or two other LUGS, but if you require
insurance of a different type, let us know and we'll see what LA can do.

FYI - It's probably better if you send the council an email to
council(at)linux.org.au if you need questions like this answered. We all
read the LA Lists, but always check the council list a lot more often
(especially when there's a high Noise to Signal ratio on the list)!

regards

Steve

--
--==--