[Linux-aus] Linux Radio help

Jack McCaw jmccaw2 at yahoo.com.au
Wed Nov 25 23:47:11 EST 2009

Greetings all,
I have been approached about a project that I am after some advice on...

Situation is a series of UHF radio repeaters used by a volunteer rescue group need to be linked back to a central command centre in Sydney, via ADSL. That is, when someone speaks over one of the repeaters it is captured, and streamed to Sydney. The ability to talk back to a particular repeater is also desired.

I am thinking minimal linux install, using something like Asterix, and treating it as a large, not always on conference call. 50 repeaters are scattered all over the state.

Suggestions, ideas, most welcome. The budget for this is... welll tiny...

Jack@!