[Linux-aus] LCA2011 Expressions of interest

Donna Benjamin donna at cc.com.au
Fri Nov 20 20:29:23 EST 2009

On Tue, 2009-11-17 at 07:57 +1100, James Turnbull wrote:
> Just following this up again as there was no reply - it's now
> mid-November and the traditional announcement of the next year's
> venue is January at LCA.  This doesn't leave a lot of time between
> now and then for bids.
>
> So can I ask again when a bid process will be announced?

It was my understanding that the call for expressions of interest took
the place of the bid process this year? In response to concern it had
become too much of a beauty pageant. Teams wasting valuable effort on
making attractive documents, which were ultimately not valued much by
the community, would be better off putting that energy into organising
the conference.

I do think it would be good to at least know what those expressions of
interest were...  Or did we not receive any?

Late November now, so we're getting close to artwork deadlines to avoid
Xmas / Jan shut down for printing and usual 'announcement'
shenanigans...

Cutting it fine for the 2011 team to have time to prepare for LCA2010.

Or has this all been decided and we're just being kept in suspense for a
big reveal in Wellington in 2 months? ;)

--
Donna Benjamin          Libre Graphics Day miniconf LCA2010
Co-organiser      Wellington Convention Centre, New Zealand