[Linux-aus] Open source information site for businesses

Noven Purnell-Webb lists at magedata.net
Wed Nov 4 23:10:41 EST 2009

I am writing a short article on OSS for a northern NSW business magazine.
The point is to highlight some of the potential benefits of OSS for SMBs,
the target readership is SMB owners and managers. As I only have space to
touch on some key points I want to end the article with a good link for
further information if people are interested.

I don't want a media article - there are thousands of them but they are
limited in scope. I'd like to point people to opensource.org, but that
really is too technical and dry for the target market. I want to avoid
vendor specific sites and freetard zealotry. A reasonable, legitimate,
balanced view that shows positive reasons for business to switch to (or at
least investigate) OSS as a viable alternative. I have looked at a large
amount of sites but none are quite right. Does anyone have thoughts on a
site that might meet the criteria?

-          Noven Purnell-Webb