[Linux-aus] Which mail server is better

Leon Brooks leon-la at cyberknights.com.au
Wed Nov 4 14:12:22 EST 2009

On Wed, 4 Nov 2009, 08:21am, Mark Walkom wrote:
> I'd rate postfix as better than exchange any day of
> the week

Agree, plus ultra. (-:

The key to understanding this is priorities. Microsoft
have never been about functionality, but always about
control. If you see "My Computer," the "My" in question
is not the purchaser of the computer, but William Henry
Gates III -- & always has been, even _before_ he went
dumpster-diving to found Microsoft & _after_ he quit as
manager.

This can be seen in Gates Charity, which promises to
give medical drugs to Africa -- but _only_ drugs made by
a company owned by WHG3.

PostFix has always been more useful, more understandable,
more simple & more powerful than MS-Exchange. Yes, even
when MS-Exchange was cloned from an MS-DOS-based mail
exchanger.

Microsoft don't innovate -- they buy, or they steal. Dear
old MS-Office is classic in this respect. MS-Word is an
import. MS-Excel is import (what happened to MultiPlan?
They lacked complete, ruthless, absolute control of the
code-base. Ditto the New Great Hope, also known as OS/2).
MS-PowerPoint is import. MS-Publisher is too -- & also an
abomination: to annoy a printing firm, hand them a .pub
document to print; things _change_ without provokation.

Cheers; Leon