[Linux-aus] [Fwd: Warning: could not send message for past 4 hours]

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Wed Nov 4 08:58:13 EST 2009

Andrew Pam wrote:
> Steve Walsh wrote:
>
> I'm disappointed that a major geek conference has email problems -
> especially considering the usual outstanding work done by the LCA
> network admin teams - and hopeful that there might be someone on this
> list involved in organising the conference.
I only asked as your initial email's purpose was a little vague. I
wasn't sure if you were wanting someone to resolve the mail server
issue, or hoping to re-invigorate the mailing list with a enlivened
discussion on which MTA is better, or with a humorous jab regarding if
the Kiwi's were going to have {TV| colour TV | Vanilla Mocha Soy Chai
Latte | an Australian Government} in time for the conference. As always,
if you notice any problems with any LA or LA-hosted system, you're
welcome to email the LA Admin team on admin[@]admin.linux.org.au and
we'll get onto looking into it ASAP.

Of course, In this situation, of course, this wouldn't have helped much,
as the mail system is hosted on a private server, but we could probably
have contacted someone to get a looksee at it, and provided contact
details for someone on the Conf team.

--
--==--
Steve Walsh