[Linux-aus] Help in drafting a measured response.

Avi Miller avi.miller at gmail.com
Tue May 26 07:15:01 EST 2009

Hi,

Paul Wayper wrote:
> Sadly I can find nothing in a cursory search of the Australian
> Government websites on whether there's actually any standard or guideline that
> says "use valid HTML", or even "can display in most browsers" - but that may
> just be the sloppiness of my search

Indeed: http://webpublishing.agimo.gov.au/

One of the mandatory requirements[1] is passing at least A level of the
WCAG 1.0 specifications, which requires HTML/XHTML compliance. Agencies
are recommended to meet AA compliance as well.

Hope that helps,
Avi

[1] http://webpublishing.agimo.gov.au/Mandatory_Requirements#Accessibility