[Linux-aus] Things not to post to planet linux australia

Andy White andy at lgsolutions.com.au
Thu Mar 26 16:54:46 EST 2009

Russell,

I'm not suggesting that the conversation shouldn't be had - far from
it! I'm in the process of writing up some flyers to distribute around
Canberra protesting the issue, and will be holding a presentation on
the matter at BarCamp2 on Saturday (assuming I can get my slides
together in time, ahem).

However - we've been asked here not to post the ACMA blacklist to
Planet Linux Australia (as I read it, anyway). We haven't been asked
not to discuss the matter; we've also not been told not to post links
from the blacklist that we don't know about to the feed (obviously, as
you say, we can't check that!)

My understanding is that the drive here is not to post the known,
leaked ACMA blacklist that is on Wikileaks to the Planet. Which seems
reasonable. We're all still free to take a stand on our personal
blogs, and we're definitely free to discuss the issue on PLA (and we
most certainly should).

Andy White
e: andy at lgsolutions.com.au
m: +61 411246100