[Linux-aus] BarCampCanberra v2 — March 28 — ANU

Simon Pascal Klein klepas at klepas.org
Thu Mar 12 22:00:28 EST 2009

G'day!

It’s been almost year and we’re ready to launch the second rendition
of BarCampCanberra, an open and participatory conference focused on
web technologies. BarCampCanberra ran as a tremendous success last
year, attracting a 70-odd strong crowd of bright developers and
designers of all backgrounds and disciplines, administrators,
marketing and social media peeps, community folks and more.

Similar to last year we’re planning on having a great weekend of web
geekery, beginning with informal Friday night drinks, the main event
with two streams on the Saturday (March 28.) and an intellectually
stimulating group dinner at the close of the day.

The Rundown
///////////////////////////
* Who? Anyone who is interested in the web and the technologies that
drive it, social interaction on the web and more. We have good room,
so make sure to bring your colleagues.

* What? A good opportunity to share ideas and projects and to work
with like-minded individuals. For more information on what a BarCamp
is, see http://barcamp.org/.

* When? From 10:00–17:00 on Saturday 28th March 2009.

* Where? BarCampCanberra2 will be held at the CSIT Building, North
Road, Australian National University.

* Website? All the info and registration page is up on http://barcamp.org/BarCampCanberra2

* Cost? Nothing! The event is free.

Registration
///////////////////////////
We'd love to have you register for the event – again this costs
nothing, but it would greatly help us with numbers and gives you a
chance to see what everyone is interested in talking about! Please
register at http://barcamp.org/BarCampCanberra2

Note there's also a spot for you to indicate whether you'll be coming
for dinner at the end of the day, which gives us an idea of numbers
for dinner bookings.

Please also sign up if you're going to be there for even one session
on the day.

Publicity
///////////////////////////
We need your help getting the word out so that this is a successful
event. Tell your friends and colleagues. Particularly if you're a uni
student or faculty/staff, work in the tech/web industry, know someone
in the IT media or just know someone who might be interested, tell
them! Blog it. Put a sign up at work. Email people. Pay for a full-
page ad in The Canberra Times (just kidding).

Point them to http://barcamp.org/BarCampCanberra2 and get them excited.

Sponsorship
///////////////////////////
No BarCamp runs successfully without the generosity of its sponsors.
We have some fabulous support and while we'll thank then on the day,
we'd like to mention them here:

acidlabs, Five Senses Coffee, UX Australia, Keith Lang, Australian
Anthill, Electric Shadows Bookshop, and there might be another
announcements; check the info page http://barcamp.org/BarCampCanberra2

If your organisation might be able to help in some way, contact one of
the BarCamp Unorganisers and let them know.

Thanks; we're really looking forward to seeing you all there!

---
Simon Pascal Klein
Graphic & Web Designer

Web: http://klepas.org