[Linux-aus] Linux Australia Council teleconference minutes for 050309

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Thu Mar 12 01:24:06 EST 2009

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009, Leah Duncan wrote:

> == General Business ==
>
> * linux.conf.au domain - after negotiation, linux.conf.au will be
> available to us for 6 months of each year for administering LCA.

That's bizarre.  Is there an example anywhere else in the world of a
domain that is cyclically disabled like this?

Were the negotiations with Ausregistry, auDA or someone else?

I'm with John. A domain which is inactive 6 months of the year is useless.
Either some other solution to the problem needs to be found or the domain
should be dropped.

Rob

--
I tried to change the world but they had a no-return policy