[Linux-aus] EngageMedia is Hiring (TECHNICAL COORDINATOR)

Andy Nicholson andy at engagemedia.org
Sat Jun 20 03:40:20 EST 2009

The Technical Projects Coordinator is responsible for coordinating
EngageMedia's technical initiatives and ensuring they are delivered to
a high standard. The position's primary responsibility is to build the
strength of EngageMedia's technical infrastructure and networks, and
to ensure our projects are dynamic and well run operations that work
towards the long-term social change strategy of the organisation. --
Applications due July 14.

The development and implementation of free and open source video
technologies is one of the core parts of EngageMedia's work. Currently
we are undertaking a number of technical and social projects aimed at
evolving these technologies as well as implementing them strategically
with a range of organisations and communities.

Those projects centre around the development of Plumi, our FOSS video
distribution platform and manifest in several different ways; such as
the development of open source subtitling and translation tools, the
coordination of training, networking and development events (such as a
Plone/video sprint in Budapest and a small scale training camp in
Indonesia), commercial consulting work (eg.http://criticalcommons.org)
and the creation of technical documentation and user guides.

more info :: http://www.engagemedia.org/jobs/technical-projects-coordinator

andy