[Linux-aus] Microsoft ad campaign

Jeff Waugh jdub at bethesignal.org
Fri Jun 19 13:38:23 EST 2009

<quote who="Charles Gregory">

> I would love to see the Linux/open source community collaborate on winning
> this competition and then (with the winnings) take out a full page ad in a
> major newspaper explaining why closed/proprietary standards are bad!

Probably best to just avoid giving them oxygen. They have enough resources
already, without "the community" playing on their turf.

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2010: Wellington, NZ       http://www.penguinsvisiting.org.nz/

    "Basically my philosophy on release management is that it should be
                like police brutality." - Maciej Stachowiak