[Linux-aus] Google Linux OS coming..

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Wed Jul 15 13:11:52 EST 2009

On Wed, 15 Jul 2009, David Newall wrote:

> Bret Busby wrote:
>> I am a webmaster for an organisation (one of the web sites that I
>> administer).
>>
>> A couple of weeks ago, google decided to blacklist the web site.
>>
>> google declared the web site to be an attack web site, and blocked
>> access to the web site.
>>

> That's not technically accurate.  Google don't have the facility to
> block access to your website.  They can list is on their website as
> harmful, but that isn't the same as blocking access, is it?

Yes it is.

It is a Denial Of Service attack, by blocking access to the site.

As mentioned previously, it takes two forms.

The first, is that, for people who are not sure of the exact domain
name, do not know the domain name at all, or, are not sure whether the
association has a web site, and search for the web site, when they
search for the web site, the results returned, (1) advise that the web
site is malicious and should be avoided, to protect their computers
(which in this case, is a spurious allegation, purley for the sake of
maliciously harming the association and its reputration), and, (2),
prevent people from accessing the web site via the search results.

The second, as previously mentioned, is that, with google's malicious
actions, including having spuriously reported the web site as an attack
site, in order to maliciously harm the association, that raises a flag
within the web browsers, so that, if a person who does not know better,
has the person's web browser configured to block reported attack sites,
even when the person enters the web site URL into the web browser, the
web browser blocks access to the web site.

As peviously said, it is a clear case of a malicious Denial Of Service
attack, by google, with the clear intent of causing harm to the
association and the association's reputation, for the self interest and
self gain of google.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale