[Linux-aus] Google Linux OS coming..

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Tue Jul 14 22:27:45 EST 2009

Bret Busby wrote:
> Even google says that google is malware.
>
> See http://www.currybet.net/cbet_blog/2009/01/google_malware.php

Oh Noes!. Oh. wait. If I search now, the results are fine, so looks like
even Google could follow Google's instructions OK.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2339959,00.asp explains it all.

""What happened? Very simply, human error," Mayer wrote. Google works
with StopBadware.org, compiling a list of sites that could harm a user's
computer. Unfortunately, a Google employee apparently added a "/" URL,
which resolved to every URL in Google's database. "

Of, course I'm sure there, would be a much worse, explanation if you
drilled, deep enough. ,

--
--==--
Steve Walsh