[Linux-aus] Letter to Gillard followup?

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at dhanapalan.com
Sun Jan 11 13:23:36 EST 2009

2009/1/11 Chris Smart <mail at christophersmart.com>:
> Perhaps I missed it, but just wondering if there was any follow up to
> the letter Donna sent to Julia Gillard regarding the use of open
> source in Rudd's education revolution?

A lacklustre response from Lindsay Tanner, referring us to the Digital
Education Revolution plan. Apparently it was CCed to Julia Gillard as
well. The best we got was:

"Thank you for bringing your ideas to my attention and for your
interest in the potential use of open source software in Australia's
education sector."

I'm hoping that Donna (as the main signatory) got something more
interesting than that.

--
Bring choice back to your computer.
http://www.linux.org.au/linux