[Linux-aus] Linux Australia Council Meeting Minutes 18/12/2008

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at dhanapalan.com
Thu Jan 1 15:03:26 EST 2009

I've been wondering about this as well. Robin has offered to speak at
SLUG and I think a few other groups as well, but it's all dependent on
this grant. SLUG needs enough notice so that we can plan and announce
our next meeting on 30 Jan. Considering that LCA is in the middle, we
need to know in the next week or two.

Thanks.

2008/12/30 Silvia Pfeiffer <silvia at silvia-pfeiffer.de>:
> Has any decision been arrvied at wrt Robin Garaeus' grant application?
> I know it's a bad time of year ... but still....
>
> Cheers,
> Silvia.
>
> On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 9:59 PM, Terry Dawson <secretary at linux.org.au> wrote:
>>

>> The minutes of the Linux Australia Council Meeting held 18/12/2008 are
>> published online at:
>>
>>        http://wiki.linux.org.au/Ctte/MeetingNotes20081218
>>
>> and are forwarded below:
>>
>> == Council meeting ==
>>  * Time 21:00, Thursday, 2008/12/18
>>  * Where: Linux Australia teleconference, and #LACTTE IRC channel
>>  * Attendees: Stewart Smith, Steve Walsh, Melissa Draper, Terry Dawson
>>  * Guest Attendee: Ben Powell
>>
>> == Notes ==
>>
>> Starred ( {*} ) items are expected to require discussion at the meeting.
>> Un-starred items will be taken as noted or carried without further
>> discussion, unless starred at the beginning of the meeting.
>>
>>  0. {*} Are there any items to star?
>>
>>  1. Accept minutes of MeetingNotes20081127
>>
>>  2. LCA2009 update
>>  Ben Powell provided an excellent update on LCA2009 status. Outlook
>> very positive, but some concern expressed about the impact of economic
>> uncertainty on registration rates. Some discussion about what might be
>> done to attract more registrants.
>>
>>  3. Linux Australia AGM
>>  Announcement of the Linux Australia AGM will be placed shortly.
>>
>>  4. Merry Christmas to Membership
>>  The Linux Australia committee wish all members a happy and safe time
>> of celebration over the next couple of weeks.
>>  "May Santa place an LCA ticket in your stocking!"
>>
>> == General Business ==
>>  nil
>>
>> == Finish ==
>>  21:52
>>
>> As always, please advise of any errors or omissions.
>>
>> regards
>> Terry
>>

>> - --
>> secretary at linux.org.au