[Linux-aus] LCA2010 - Follow the signs, visit Wellington!

Andrew Ruthven andrew at etc.gen.nz
Fri Feb 20 11:50:03 EST 2009

[I just realised we hadn't sent the announcement to these lists!]

Hi all,

It's been to the West Island and to the South Island, now
linux.conf.au is coming to the North Island!

We're looking forward to hosting linux.conf.au next year, and invite you
all to follow the signs, visit Wellington!

Our website is http://www.penguinsvisiting.org.nz .

During our announcement in Hobart we wanted to show a fantastic little
clip from 42 Below about Wellington. But following the tradition of
Hobarts annoucement at LCA2008 we had sound FAIL, so it didn't work.
Please, go and check out the video clip on YouTube. (But ignore the bit
about winning a trip to Wellington, the competition has finished.)
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWVoaf3OuN8

Cheers, and see you all next year!

Andrew Ruthven
LCA2010 - Director