[Linux-aus] Young Aussies say pirated software is OK

Tom Sparks tom_a_sparks at yahoo.com.au
Sun Feb 8 22:16:07 EST 2009

From: Karl Goetz <karl at kgoetz.id.au>

Sent: Sunday, 8 February, 2009 8:12:25 PM

On Sat, 7 Feb 2009 17:03:24 -0800 (PST)
Tom Sparks <tom_a_sparks at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> 2009/2/8 Anestis Kozakis <kenosti at gmail.com>:
>
> > At 9:05 AM +1100 2009/02/08, Paul Wayper wrote:
> >

> > [Snip]

> >>I do think people are capable of differentiating cost from
> >>quality.  Equating them only suits software vendors at the top of
> >>the range.  I also think the people using an illegal copy of
> >>Photoshop "because it's good quality" are not the same set as those
> >>using it because it cost them nothing.
>
> the problem is that the education places (TAFE, uni, etc) train you
> in MS software and jobs NEED you to use and know MS windows and
> related software (MS office, photoshop, etc) until this cycle is

Perhaps someone should ask K+R what office suite they learned in school.

(Or, for anyone who doesn't get the reference, ask Bill Gates).

and would they be able to open the file that the office suite created now, 10,20,25 or 50 years in the future?

we are getting closer to the digital dark age ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Dark_Age )
by using non-floss/free software

tom_a_sparks

      Make Yahoo!7 your homepage and win a trip to the Quiksilver Pro. Find out more