[Linux-aus] Treasurer-ial Succession (was: Why Didn't You Vote?)

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Mon Feb 2 02:53:11 EST 2009

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009, Michael Still wrote:

> That sounds like a really good idea to me. AUUG did something similar
> with presidents... The ex-president was expected to hang around for a
> year as an ordinary board member and drop hints occasionally.

Many non-profit organisations include in the constitution of their
management committees, a position for the last previous
president/chairman, as an ex-officio role, mainly for counsel, I think,
to advise the replacement president/chairman. I think (but am not sure)
that the outgoing president/chairman position has no vote on the
committee, but is there mainly for advising the incumbent and the
committee.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale