[Linux-aus] Government broadband forum - Syd, Mel & Bris

Pia Waugh greebo at pipka.org
Mon Dec 7 08:35:23 EST 2009

Hi all,

I thought some of you might want to know about this (if you don't already).
You can contribute online, and there are also remote community events
happening in Sydney (Parramatta as opposed to the main event in Kensington),
Melbourne, Brisbane and maybe one or two others.

So why would you bother? Well this forum is about creating business cases
for how the NBN can be used which will help with ensuring the infrastructure
rolled out is as open and useful as possible to future uses and business
models. If any of you have opinions about infrastructure, bandwidth or ideas
for how to avoid it being limited then you should have your say either
online through their consultation tools or through one of the group events.
Remember, informative and constructive input is the best way to achieve your
goals.

Below is the invitation to the Melbourne event as an example :)

Hope to see some of you contribute :) There is a lot of awesome expertise
and knowledge in our community, hence I will always try to ensure you know
about important consultations that I hear about.

Cheers,
Pia