[Linux-aus] LCA bids -- wonderful presentation, but to what purpose?

Tim Bowden tim.bowden at westnet.com.au
Fri Sep 5 13:34:00 EST 2008

On Fri, 2008-09-05 at 10:12 +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Tim Bowden">
>
> > That's a free source of Polish that any switched on bid team would be
> > crazy to ignore, and the more they want the conf, the more polish they
> > will want to put in anyway.
>
> Although linux.conf.au has been held in New Zealand, I'm not sure we're
> ready to take the conference to Poland. Also, I don't think Linux Australia
> should be in the businesss of people-smuggling.
>
> :-)

Ouch!

Au contraire, we should bring the Polish here.  They have a well proven
ability to change even diabolically evil systems with disruptive
tactics, so helping promote FOSS should be a walk in the park for them.
With suitable forays into the local visa office, we may even be able to
avoid the people smuggling problem.
:-)

> - Jeff

Tim
--
Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you recognize a mistake
when you make it again.