[Linux-aus] Public liability for SFD

James Turnbull james at lovedthanlost.net
Mon Sep 1 08:40:50 EST 2008

Steve Lindsay wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 9:59 PM, Steve Lindsay
> <stephen.a.lindsay at gmail.com> wrote:
>> My understanding is that Linux Australia can cover the public
>> liability for LUGs running Software Freedom Day events. Is this
>> correct?
>>

> Good question Steve.
>
> I've sent emails to council@ and ctte@ about this and not had any
> response. Can anyone on the main list confirm?

Please read the minutes posted from last week's Council meeting.  The
relevant section is:

2. {*} Software Freedom Day Public Liability Insurance
  Linux Australia has sponsored Public Liability Insurance for Software
Freedom Day. Software Freedom Day is almost upon us again. We must
decide whether to sponsor it again for 2008.

   Motion: '''That Linux Australia sponsor Public Liability Insurance
for Software Freedom Day.'''

    '''CARRIED'''

   Discussion about raising Public Liability Insurance to $20M. Terry
Dawson will bring revised quote to council for approval.

To get coverage you need to:

a) Send us your details and the details of your event
b) Order one or more CDs from the set being produced for SFD (contact
Paul Wayper)

If you do this Terry Dawson will send you a copy of the PLI certificate
and you will be covered.

Regards

James Turnbull

--