[Linux-aus] Call for Volunteers - VITTA conference Nov 23-26

Donna Benjamin donna at cc.com.au
Sun Nov 9 18:04:49 EST 2008

Hi all,

Linux Australia has a stand at the Victorian IT Teachers Association
conference to promote the use of FOSS in schools.

The VITTA conference runs from Mon 24 - Wed 26 November at the
Rydges Conference Centre on Bell Street, Preston, Victora
(melbourne northern suburbs - 20 mins from airport)

Stand setup is on the afternoon of Sunday 23rd and packup at the end of
the conference on Wednesday arvo / evening.

We need
 1. people to help set up and pack up the stand (sun & wed arvo)
 2. people to staff the stand over 3 days (rostered in 3-4 hour shifts)
 3. resources
(tables, computers, screens, posters, flyers, demos etc)

I'm doing an Inkscape lab at the conference.
Also speaking:
  Pia and Jeff Waugh - Pillars of Open, OLPC, FOSS top 10
  Brianna Laugher - Wikipedia
  Daniel Jitnah - MythBusting" FOSS and Linux in Schools
  Roland Gesthuizen - Scratch, python, OLPC,
  Stephen Blackwell - Joomla
  Tony Forster - OLPC, game development
  Bryn Jones - Moodle
  Jeremy Stagg - Virtualisation

and probably others I've missed in my quick glance...

Browse the full program online here:
http://archive.vitta.org.au/conference/2008/programme.php

cheers
Donna