[Linux-aus] [LACTTE] Council meeting minutes 15/05/2008

Stewart Smith stewart at linux.org.au
Mon May 19 03:51:04 EST 2008

On Thu, 2008-05-15 at 22:52 +1000, Clinton Roy wrote:
> Lovely to have the minutes up, but links to the private mail archives
> are not that useful to us peons.

The links are there for the present and future council's reference.

The committee list is used to both discuss upcoming issues as well as
private discussion of issues affecting both LA and the council. In
developing the motions to vote on in the meetings, we may have (lengthy)
discussions with those proposing them who have an expectation that these
discussions are private.

We encourage people to bring things directly to the linux-aus list for
public discussion, and in some cases (e.g. grants, funding requests)
it's a required part of the process.

We also address commercial in-confidence issues on the list (e.g.
sponsorship).

For these reasons, the committee list will never be able to be public.

> I would also  appreciate some reasoning behind the decisions.

We'll be happy to answer specific queries but we just minute what we
need to, which is mostly the final decisions; any specific points that
need to be made (such as a dissenting view) we'll also make sure they're
minuted.

hope this helps,
stewart
--