[Linux-aus] Open Office training in NSW

Chris Smart chris at kororaa.org
Thu May 8 04:27:08 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-05-08 at 12:27 +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> Ah, no. The article said 41,000 through 2008. I'm saying five times that
> figure without specifying a timeframe (you asked about OOo, remember). I
> hinted that it was a lowball figure -- best to leave it at that and wait
> for real news when it surfaces. :-)

Right. Then I don't understand the point of your statement that 44,100
is a very low figure? Compared to what? All future images that you don't
know what software they're going to have? And how can you say they're
going to roll out "five times" that number of machines and not specify a
time frame? It doesn't make sense, at least to me.

Seems that 100% of all new images for 2008 will be shipped with OOo
(which will be a total of 44,100 machines). Which is a great
achievement. How is that a very lowball figure compared to the number
they will ship in total?

I don't understand that statement, unless you're suggesting that future
machines post 2008 will not have OOo?

-c