[Linux-aus] Open Office training in NSW

Glen Turner gdt at gdt.id.au
Thu May 8 02:45:54 UTC 2008

Jeff Waugh wrote:
> Kanchana Wickremasinghe wrote:
>
>> That is great news. Any idea how they managed to get a collective
>> agreement?
>
> They're just going to ship it on their SOE.

I was chatting with SA edu the other day and they are
thinking of using Google Apps. The appeal, in priority
order:

  1. reduced systems administration
  2. reduced cost of software rental
  3. single view of documents at home and school,
     thus reducing the use of USB keys to transfer
     files and subsequent file loss and security
     issues.

Of course there's a world of difference between "thinking
about" and "doing", but I did find the reasons for considering
Google Apps interesting.

--
  Glen Turner