[Linux-aus] Sendmail configuration

Andy White andy at lgsolutions.com.au
Thu Mar 20 01:23:01 EST 2008

The php mail function takes the 'from' header as an argument. You
could change that in your code; you could also change the default
value in php.ini.

You will need a valid email address to send the mail from, or else
well-configured mailservers are going to reject your email. You could
try user@<ipaddress>, mileage may vary (it may work, but I have a
vague recollection that it's against the standard).

At a worst-case, I'd recommend a) acquiring a domain name or b) using
another email address you happen to have control of or c) getting an
email address with another provider (ie.
noreply.sudokusolver at gmail.com or the like) and using that to at least
get your mail delivered.

Andy White
Director, Looking Glass Solutions