[Linux-aus] Eee PC and Windows - http://www.stuff.co.nz/4439865a28.html

Brenda Aynsley bpa at iss.net.au
Fri Mar 14 04:45:46 EST 2008

Kanchana Wickremasinghe wrote:
> Have you all seen this.
>
> Take a look at the comment by possibly a MS paid Analyst.
>
> "A Windows Eee PC is more attractive to buyers because people are just
> not used to using Linux-based computers," said Alvin Kwock, analyst at
> JP Morgan.
>
> This is rubbsh. My kids 4 1/2 and 6 1/2 uses Ubuntu without having any
> issue with it. They have used Eee PC with out any issues (LINUX of
> course). The way Eee PC is created there is no need for someone to
> understand the underlying OS. Analyst should think about twice before
> making such comments.

what you say is true, equally true is what alvin kwock said -"people are
just not used to using Linux-based computers".  There is no attempt to
say people CANT use linux based computers and indeed as a eeepc owner
myself I agree, what's hard about using it, absolutely nothing.  However
I agree that given a choice betweeen eeepc/xandros and eeepc/winxp even
at $80 more, its a no brainer for most people.

SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT is the issue, sure it really is perception in
this case, but as someone I know keeps telling me "Perception is reality".

cheers
brenda

--
Brenda Aynsley, FACS, PCP
Director Oz Business Partners http://www.ozbusinesspartners.com/

Chairman Pearcey Foundation, SA Committee www.pearcey.org.au
Immediate Past Chairman ACS SA Branch www.acs.org.au/sa

*Produced by Ubuntu and Mozilla Thunderbird*