[Linux-aus] Ubuntu updates

Wei-Yee Chan chanweiyee at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 00:51:04 UTC 2008

Kanchana Wickremasinghe wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am unable to get updates for community maintain open source packages
> for Ubuntu Gusty (7.10). I was wondering whether any of you all have
> similar issues?

No.

> I have tried changing the servers and it seems none of them work.
> Downloads goes as far as 75% and then it does not want to move any further.
>
> Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.
>
> BTW: Tried a complete re-installation of Ubuntu no luck. This is going
> on my DELL Desktop Inspiron 530
Try changing the servers for community supported packages in your
/etc/apt/sources.list file to the following:

deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu gutsy universe multiverse
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu gutsy-updates universe multiverse
deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu gutsy-security universe multiverse

You might also want to try downloading the packages with a connection of
a different ISP.

Regards,

Wei-Yee Chan
http://chanweiyee.blogspot.com