[Linux-aus] Grant proposal: Software Freedom Day CDs for Australia

Donna Benjamin donna at cc.com.au
Tue Jun 17 13:39:40 EST 2008

----- "Martin Visser" <martinvisser99 at gmail.com> wrote:

Hey Martin,

> Maybe this is dumb observation, but what is wrong with asking for a
> gold coin donation when we give out CDs that LA pays for.

I don't think this is dumb at all. I like your assertion that it may help to distinguish free as in beer, and free as in speech... and encouraging people to share the CD, make copies of it, and pass it on should also increase the value of the offering.  The disc costs money - what's on it is pure freedom.

- Donna