[Linux-aus] Barcamp Gold Coast Grant

Jonathan Oxer jon at oxer.com.au
Thu Jun 12 11:12:48 EST 2008

On Wed, 2008-06-11 at 20:17 +1000, Steve Dalton wrote:

> I was just looking on the linux.org.au website and noticed the section
> on grants - is this scheme still active?

Should be, but AFAIK the current Council haven't announced who the new
Grants Tzar is (or even if there is one) and there hasn't been any
visible action this year on the grants scheme.

There have been grants approved for Bar Camps in the past so I'd suggest
you go ahead and submit a proposal both to this list and to
council at linux.org.au and see what happens. $500 would probably be a very
reasonable request that would be likely to be approved, provided you
specify in your proposal what it would be used for at the Bar Camp and
how that would benefit the FOSS community.

Cheers    :-)
--
Jonathan Oxer
Ph +61 4 3851 6600