[Linux-aus] Not accepting my nomination for Committee

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at dhanapalan.com
Sun Jan 20 04:47:39 UTC 2008

Hi everyone,

I know this is coming a bit late (I was out of town for most of last week),
but I shan't be accepting my nomination for the Linux Australia Committee.

I have been heavily involved with various FOSS projects, including LA, SLUG,
Ubuntu-AU and some others. I'd always love to be able to do more, but the sad
reality is that one person can only scale so far. I'd be doing a disservice
to the community if I were to run for and accept a post that I do not have
the time to fulfil.

I would like to thank those who nominated me and had planned to vote for me.
Your confidence in my abilities is greatly appreciated. My best wishes go out
to the other candidates. May the best people win! :)

Cheers,
Sridhar

--
Tired of slowness, bugs, crashes, viruses, trojans, spyware, adware,
malware... ? Take back your computer. http://www.linux.org.au/linux