[Linux-aus] [Osia-discuss] If you could ask Microsoft a question...

squareyes squareyes at internode.on.net
Wed Jan 16 05:23:57 UTC 2008

Randall Crook wrote:
> Jeff Waugh wrote:
>> <quote who="Jiri Baum">
>>

>>> Mark Phillips:

>>> Jeff Waugh:

>>> Agreed, not much is likely to be lost; but neither is it going to be the
>>> "lions' mouth" that you were so optimistic about earlier.
>>>
>>> And, of course, Mark is right - there's an opportunity cost. We could have
>>> had a talk about a technology - any technology - rather than a company.
>>> Since when are LUG talks titled by company rather than technology/project,
>>> anyway?
>>>
>> You've made your concerns and disinterest clear. Given that you're not even
>> in Sydney, and that SLUG is going ahead with it anyway, I'm not sure you are
>> going to achieve anything through repetitive negativity and argumentation.
>>
>> - Jeff
>>

> Hi all,
if I could ask Microsoft a question, I already have (Not expecting an
answer).  That is why do they as good as call me/others a thief, when
after installing XP I still have to contact them to prove I have a valid
copy. Sorry but I find this to be insulting and offensive, and am sure
anywhere else would possibly be grounds to sue. I can circumvent this by
removing and re-installing every 29 days anyway, will give me another 29
days.
Another question would be,  why is it so hard to get a refund, am at
present trying :-) .

I feel that Linux should be very careful at this meeting, I seriously
doubt they wish to attend out of the goodness of their hearts.

take Care

Winton