[Linux-aus] If you could ask Microsoft a question, what would it be?

Blindraven blindraven at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 00:36:30 UTC 2008

Wow, Allowing M$ business and tech to be at a FLOSS event because you are
trying to be open minded and accepting.
I wonder if thats what Hitlers wife had to do.

If this is not selling out I don't know what is.
Feel free to flame while I feel free to /ignore.

Count me out.

On Jan 13, 2008 12:26 AM, Sridhar Dhanapalan <sridhar at dhanapalan.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Jan 2008, Steve Walsh <Steve at nerdvana.org.au> wrote:
> > The same is occurring for LUV in February. Whilst I don't share the LUV
> > President's belief that "..we've won, man, it's game over", I do think
> > that it's interesting that they appear to have decided to hit two LUG's
> > with rep's willing to receive both pointy and (hopefully not very many)
> > pointless question within a short period of time.
>
> This is no victory by any stretch of the imagination. At best, it's the
> beginning of a thawing of relations, but I'm even sceptical of that. That
> does not mean that we should not try. Openness is our strength - we should
> be
> leveraging that more.
>
> Interesting (though not surprising) that LUV has been approached as well.
> Is
> there anything that SLUG and LUV can do to collaborate on this? LUV folk
> are
> free to post to and make use of our wiki page of questions:
> http://wiki.slug.org.au/microsoftquestions
>

> --
> "We all suck."
>  - Microsoft senior vice president Craig Mundie, September 2002
>
> --

When one burns ones bridges, what a very nice fire it makes.