[Linux-aus] [Osia-discuss] If you could ask Microsoft a question...

Jiri Baum jiri at baum.com.au
Sun Jan 13 09:20:04 UTC 2008

Hello,

Jeff Waugh:
> If they're prepared to come in good faith to talk about Open Source (and
> yes naysayers, they do have quite a bit to talk about!), then rock on.

Just to clarify, I don't doubt they have lots to talk about; however, I do
doubt they're coming in good faith.

> Those who don't feel comfortable with it, and would prefer that we do not
> engage at all, can find somewhere else to play with themselves instead. :-)

Unfortunately, this will not mitigate any of the likely harms to come out of
it, so it'd be a rather pointless gesture. Your phrasing also underscores
that they are, in fact, gaining "some measure of discord among us", as I
wrote earlier.

Jiri
--
Jiri Baum <jiri at baum.com.au>                   http://www.baum.com.au/~jiri