[Linux-aus] [Osia-discuss] Re: If you could ask Microsoft a question, what would it be?

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Sun Jan 13 08:23:21 UTC 2008

<quote who="Jiri Baum">

> > > If so, perhaps professionals should be asking the questions and
> > > follow-up questions, not random geeks.
>
> > Oh. Real nice. To both the professionals *and* geeks who go to LUG
> > events.
>
> The professionals (journalists, negotiators, lawyers) spend years learning
> and honing their skills, just as we spend years improving ours. We're
> likely to do about as well conducting a potentially hostile interview as a
> lawyer or journalist writing a subtle piece of code - not very well at
> all.

You're saying "we" as if you think this represents all of us...

> If there is, in fact, a possible positive outcome, let's make sure that it
> happens.

Having a conversation. It doesn't need to be more complicated than that. The
venue is unlikely to provoke a PR earthquake for anyone involved.

- Jeff

--
GNOME.conf.au 2008: Melbourne, Australia http://live.gnome.org/Melbourne2008

   "I hear Tom Wolfe's speaking at Lincoln Center. [...] Well, of course
    we're going to fling poo at him!" - Mason the Chimpanzee, Madagascar