[Linux-aus] [Osia-discuss] Re: If you could ask Microsoft a question, what would it be?

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Sat Jan 12 23:23:11 UTC 2008

<quote who="Brent Wallis">

> Excellent....but I would like to suggest that it is very important that MS
> state their reasons for attendance _before_ the event.
>
> A large corp such as MS does not decide one day to attend LUGs without
> having a really good reason.

A large 'corp' doesn't have a singular focus or decision-making capability.
They had some folk coming out here from their Open Source office (who I have
met), so made the approach. Good on them. It's not like they *need* to stick
their head in the lion's mouth.

Here's an idea: Engage!

It's not like sticking our collective head in the sand is going to achieve
anything useful (apply liberally to topical issues such as patents, OOXML,
standards in general, etc).

- Jeff

--
GNOME.conf.au 2008: Melbourne, Australia http://live.gnome.org/Melbourne2008

      "I'm offering you my body, and you're offering me semantics." -
                              Caitlin, Clerks